RUNEBLOX Online Community Forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Item Changes

2 posters

Go down

Item Changes Empty Item Changes

Post by neep3r Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:38 am

I've noticed a few small issues with some of the holdable items in the game that I'd like to suggest small modifications for. tongue

1. Melee weapons should not have a floating effect on lunge attacks. The game lacks the verticality of typical sword fighting games like SFOTH, which makes sword floating less useful and more of a minor inconvenience. No

If anything, this feature should be saved for special weapon gimmicks like:

Suspect What if there was a dagger that made you fall faster when lunging to catch people or enemies by surprise?
    bounce Or what if there was a sword that was doubled as a mobility tool using this feature?

2. The healing staff is quite a confusing item, but I figured it out with the help of a friendly high-level fellow ingame. Razz

It has little to no feedback on use and doesn't make it clear whether or not it will connect. Neutral

I'd suggest adding green sparkles to the healed player for a brief period, as well as making the user's mouse icon change whenever it's over a valid heal target. Idea

...Sidenote does the magic armor set work? From my experience, it did nothing of note when I equipped it. Also don't forget to turn off CanCollide for weapons; I think the axe weapon has them enabled... Shocked
neep3r
neep3r

Back to top Go down

Item Changes Empty Re: Item Changes

Post by Admin Shinsane Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:26 am

Thank you very much for your suggestion, this is something ive been thinking about but never fully understood,

1. That's something i will be working on for weapons, i havent given them much thought because i was focused on some main parts of the game, but i will be making an update just for them soon Very Happy

about the gimmicks thingy, yes i do plan to implement that, lets give an example... Katanas! Cool

they would work as a Faster, Lightweight weapon that allows you to slash really far forward (Think of the Epic Katana's ability) but having weaker damage to counter that.

2. Yeah, i really should put something to help players there... Neutral  now that i think of it its even more confusing that its the staff of woodlands, that usually just makes you invisible for a few seconds.

About the magic armor and axe, the magic armor set is SUPPOSED to multiply the amount of mana you regen per second, but maybe its broken, im pretty sure the druid armor set works tho, it gives you more max mana

The reason i didin't turn off CanCollide for the Battle Axe is because i tought of it as a big, heavy weapon that deals more damage, but maybe that isint the best way to do it, im still a rookie at this balancing thing so expect alot of changes in the future!

thank you for taking the time to write this. I love you
Admin Shinsane
Admin Shinsane
Admin

https://runebloxonline.neocities.org/

neep3r likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by neep3r Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:01 pm

Admin Shinsane wrote:The reason i didin't turn off CanCollide for the Battle Axe is because i tought of it as a big, heavy weapon that deals more damage...

The thing is... CanCollide actually makes it deal LESS damage!!! lol!

What CanCollide does to held items is makes them push enemies, which makes it more difficult to activate hit events. No

CanCollide could be an interesting gimmick for a weapon, like allowing players to guard themselves if they press a certain key. Still, I'd recommend against it without some custom code to make it more intuitive. tongue
neep3r
neep3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Shinsane Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:53 pm

Oh! i didint know that, ill change that until i rework it. study
Admin Shinsane
Admin Shinsane
Admin

https://runebloxonline.neocities.org/

neep3r likes this post

Back to top Go down