RUNEBLOX Online Community Forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enemies aren't important enough!

2 posters

Go down

Enemies aren't important enough!  Empty Enemies aren't important enough!

Post by neep3r Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:39 pm

One of the biggest things I noticed while playing Runeblox is how little incentive you have to fight every enemy. The only factor that matters is the enemy's level and how frequently you can fight them due to them having the same AI and no extra incentives to grind for. Here are a few ways enemies could be made more fun! Razz

1. Adding random enemy drops could make players want to grind enemies to see what they'll drop! Just make sure players have a way to know what enemies can drop; relying on wikis to find information like this can get tedious! Exclamation

2. Giving enemies custom attacks could make players think twice before tackling tougher foes! The game already has some custom attacks with its swords, so what if stuff like that was reused for enemies? What if they even shot projectiles? cyclops

3. Quests would be a fun way to make weaker enemies with worse drops more worth fighting! What if there were quests you could repeat every so often that gave outstanding rewards, similar to how the farming system is limited by how fast plants grow? Maybe every quest could start with stupendous rewards and then have a more modest reward every consecutive time they're completed. I did see a quest NPC in the game already, but I just thought I'd share my take on how they should be utilized! Very Happy

Thank you for reading. If you ever need any help with block code let me know, I'm kind of a pro. Cool
neep3r
neep3r

Back to top Go down

Enemies aren't important enough!  Empty Re: Enemies aren't important enough!

Post by Admin Shinsane Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:30 am

Hey there, that was a great suggestion and something i haven't focused on alot, enemies are a core part of Runeblox and that sounds extremely fun, the quest system is something on hold for a while now and never really got into actually coding it, if you could go deeper into how the quest system thing you said could work in the discord server it would really help alot, thank you for the suggestion! Very Happy
Admin Shinsane
Admin Shinsane
Admin

https://runebloxonline.neocities.org/

neep3r likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum